Essential oils are derived from plant and are used for various reasons. Essential oils have many benefits. However, if it is not used carefully it can be harmful. If you want to use essential oil for pet care, you must do thorough research on the effects of a particular essential oil and learn everything about using it on your dog or other pets.
Dogs have a very sensitive smelling organ and every aroma may not cause a better effect on them. There are a lot of Essential oils which have soothing effects on dogs. Using proper essential oils for dogs can make them sleep well. There are many other benefits of essential oil if it is used properly.
General Benefits of Essential Oils
There are a lot of benefits of using the right kind of essential oil for dogs. These are:
- Essentials oils can be used to reduce mood swings in a dog.
- It can be used to help in the enhancement of sleep.
- It can calm the body and mind of the dog in a negative situation.
- It promotes healthy skin.
- It helps in the betterment of the immune system.
- Some Essential oils are used to enhance healthy circulation.
- Essential oils are helpful in curing joint pains, cramps, and spasms.
- Some essential oils can affect the mental and emotional health of the dog.
Use of Essential Oils for Dogs
Essential oils are derived from various plants. Some of them have positive effects on animals. At the same time, some have negatives effects. You should choose essential oils for dogs wisely to get most of its benefits for your pets. Here is a list of essential oils that are effective for on dogs:
1. Chamomile: This oil is derived from a floral part. It can be used to cure stomach upset of your dog. You can use this essential oil to calm the body and mind at the time of nervousness, excitement, panic, restlessness, and hyperactivity. This oil promotes healthy skin among dogs. It is also helpful in encouraging restful sleep of your dog.
2. Clary Sage: Clary Sage is also a floral essential oil. This oil can be used for the betterment of sleep and calmness of the body. It also has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial property. It is helpful in promoting the emotional and mental health of the dog.
3. Marjoram: This is also a floral oil which helps in soothing mental and emotional distress in them. It is used to cure or decrease any kind of inflammation in them. It is also helpful in reducing digestive discomfort. It can be helpful in promoting relaxation and confidence in your dog. It is helpful in generating tranquility. Marjoram oil also has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties. Dogs love the smell of this aromatic oil.
4. Frankincense Carterii: This oil is derived from resins. It also helps in soothing mental and emotional distress. This oil can be used to fight against any negative things such as anger, fear, irritability, shyness, etc. It also has anti-microbial or anti-bacterial property. This is one of the best essential oils for dogs as it promotes tranquility and confidence.
5. Myrrh: This aromatic oil is derived from resin. It is an oil extremely effective in calming the skin of your dog. It is also helpful in promoting increased awareness. It is also effective in curing mental and emotional distress. Dogs sometimes face mood swing. This oil can help them to fight against any negative aspect. It can be helpful in regulating the emotion of your dog and can bring balance.
6. Valerian: This oil is extracted from the root of the plant. It also has several positive effects on dogs. It is helpful in calming the skin of the dog. This oil can be used in reducing mental and emotional distress. It can heal the wounds. It can be helpful in promoting digestive functions. It can also be used to promote restful sleep to your dog.
7. Ginger: This oil is also derived from the root of the plant. Ginger oil is loaded with medicinal properties. Especially it is very useful when is used in proper proportion in the dogs. It can be used to reduce the joint pains in dogs. It helps in easy breathing in dogs. It also helps in enhancing the digestive function of dogs. Ginger oil can be helpful in calming inflammation and mental and emotional distress.
8. Cedar Wood Virginian: This oil is extracted from the wood of the plant. It fights against the insect growth in the body and thus helps to reduce the chances of insects bite. This oil also promotes healthy skin. It is helpful in reducing pains, cramps, and spasms. This oil can be used to better the circulation system of your dog. If your dog is facing anger, nervousness, fear, shyness or some other negative feelings, this oil can be used to reduce the condition and enhance the positive feelings of the dog. This oil also calms down the body and mind against hyperactivity, anger, panic, etc. It is helpful in promoting a healthy immune system.
Essentials oils have their own aroma. Some of them have a strong smell. On the other hand, others have a light smell. Each and every oil has its own positive as well as negative effects. Every dog is not the same. They have a very powerful and sensitive smelling organ. Each and every oil can’t be liked by all the dogs. Some may like some specific smells. On the other hand, some dog can’t even tolerate the same smell.
If you want to use essential oils for dogs you may go through thorough research on the oils. It may take time to understand the positive effect of any essential oil on a dog.
If your dog loves the smell of any particular essential oil then that can be incorporated in the care of your dog. The proportion should also be understood before using. It should be taken care of that your dogs should get the benefit of using the essential oils. If they don’t like the smell they can become irritated or hyperactive or can face many negative emotions.
So, make a wise decision by understanding the requirements of your pet before using essential oils for dogs.Did you like it ♥️ then why not share it with others?