Are you suffering from frequent stomach discomfort or bloating? Have you gone through a recent dose of antibiotics? Or you tried everything, but nothing works?
If any of these looks like you, you need a change, my friend!
I know information on probiotics and gut health has surged in the past few years. But this is the time; we should take it seriously.
The reason is apparent. We are eating anything randomly without awareness. There is a greater variety of processed food than ever before. And we forget our traditional way of living, which was both healthy and sustainable.
Due to all the luxurious changes we are giving to our stomach, it’s freaking out. And the results are bloating, stomach discomfort, constipation, and you name it.
For women, some problems are more common than in men. For example, bloating and stomach discomfort during those days of the month.
And also specific conditions like Urinary tract infections (UTI), irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), ulcerative colitis, acute infectious diarrhea, or anything where you took antibiotics. And for your information, Antibiotics kill both the good and bad bacteria in our gut, causing all imbalances in our microbiota.
So, I’m saying, just changing the lifestyle isn’t enough. You also need to change the type of nutrients taken. One of those includes probiotics.
Probiotics can be made at home (with love). But who has that much time to wait before fixing the stomach problems? Thus, purchasing a probiotic is your solution.
Today, we will review four different probiotics for your convenience, especially for women. Let’s begin!
Table of Contents
The 5 Best Probiotics for Women for a Healthier Gut and Much More in 2023
Now it’s time to pick from the best probiotics for women. Here are a few of our choices:
1. YourBiology Gut+: Top Rated Women’s Probiotic for Vaginal Health, Weight Loss, and Bloating
YourBiology Gut+ is a mixture of a unique solution of prebiotics and probiotics. The company claims to provide 250 times more survival rate than standard probiotics.
So how is it different?
While other probiotics focus on the number of live cells, they forget to add protection against the stomach acids. And that’s the reason 96% of formulas fail to make any difference inside the stomach. And it’s the unique selling proposition of YourBiology gut+.
It claims to have:
- 40 Billion Colony Forming Units with four strains of probiotics
- For the protection against stomach acids, they use MAKtrek® Bipass Technology formed by brown seaweed.
- The addition of prebiotics does the job of nourishing the probiotics until down to the intestine.
The four strains of probiotics include Lactobacillus Plantarum, lactobacillus acidophilus, bifidobacterium lactis, and lactobacillus paracasei. Furthermore, the ingredients involve maktrek® marine polysaccharide complex for 250 times better protection and fructooligosaccharide, a natural prebiotic fiber.
The YourBiology gut + provides the following benefits:
- As per their claim, YourBiology helps to reduce the stress level by improving the 95% serotonin from the gut. It is proven by studies and helps enhance good vibes and aid immunity.
- The next benefit of using YourBiology is better digestion. Some users claim to have an accelerated digestive system by breaking down food calmly. It further prevents the symptoms of IBS: gas, bloating, and stomach discomfort.
- Some results show that it helps you cut the fat and maintain weight. According to research, probiotics work on the metabolic process and help break down food. It further helps in bowel movements and appetite control and works well to manage weight.
- It is shown to have some gut-brain connections, and through regular intake of probiotics, it can reduce your brain fog by elevating mood, energy, and cognitive functions.
- Another critical factor to use YourBiology is immunity. Through the microbiome balance, our gut health improves, and it helps us to fight better against pathogens.
- L. Paracasei is an additional strain of bacteria used for better skin health.
Besides all the benefits, you will be amazed to know that it doesn’t contain any side effects.
The recommended dosage is two capsules, one in the morning and another in the evening per day.
Furthermore, you will get 60-days money back guarantee.
Check out the link below for the pricing:
Click Here to Order YourBiology Gut+ from Official Website
2. Garden of Life Doctor Formulated Probiotics
If you are a woman looking for probiotics for various stomach-related issues, you should consider Garden of Life Doctor Formulated Probiotics.
Like the name, it’s formulated by America’s well-known human microbiome and brain health expert, Dr. David Perlmutter.
This probiotic supplement is advised to take once a day and claims to have 50 billion CFU.
Along with the number of cells, it further contains 16 strains of probiotics which work in the following three ways:
- It helps to improve digestive health by relieving constipation, gas, and bloating-related issues.
- Specifically made for women. And the presence of L. reuteri and L. fermentum is excellent for vaginal health.
- Furthermore, it supports the immune system due to 50 billion CFU and 16 varieties.
This product is labeled as Climate pledge friendly and the first carbon-free certified.
Also, Garden of Life is a Non-GMO, dairy-free, soy-free, and gluten-free product that is further suitable for vegetarians.
The 16 strains of probiotics includes; Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus plantarum, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus paracasei, Lactobacillus bulgaricus, Lactobacillus brevis, Lactobacillus reuteri, Lactobacillus salivarius, Lactobacillus fermentum, Lactobacillus gasseri, Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium lactis, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Bifidobacterium breve, Bifidobacterium infantis, Bifidobacterium longum. Other than that, there is Organic Prebiotic Fiber Blend: Organic Potato Resistant Starch, Organic Acacia Fiber (A. senegal).
You can check the other information through the link below:
Click Here to Order from Official Website
3. Biotics 8
Our next choice as the best probiotics for women is Biotics-8. It is a product from Bauer Nutrition and works great to balance a person’s microbiome.
The significant benefits you will receive through Biotics-8 include the following;
- Help in the smooth and calm digestive process
- works to eliminate bloating and gas
- supports immune system
- improves focus and energy
For the overall well-being of the gut, biotics-8 has the perfect mixture of fiber, probiotics, prebiotics, digestive enzymes, and vitamin D.
It’s instructed to take two capsules of Biotics-8 every day. If you doubt, you can try with one capsule for 3-4 days and add one more to see the effects.
It contains the following ingredients;
- Vitamin D3
- 10 Strains of probiotic bacteria like Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus paracasei, Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Lactobacillus plantarum, Lactobacillus fermentum, Bifidobacterium longum, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Bifidobacterium breve, Saccharomyces boulardii.
- Lipase, amylase, and protease
For more details about biotics-8, you can visit the following link:
Click Here to Order Biotics 8 from Official Website
4. Performance Lab Prebiotic: Best Women’s Probiotic for Immunity
The next option we have is performance lab prebiotic. Now it’s a little bit different than the above ones. The performance lab prebiotic contains a type of fiber than induce probiotic growth inside the gut. This fiber is known as probiotic-boosting Orafti® Synergy1 Inulin-FOS fiber.
Why do I say it is different?
Other probiotic supplements contain natural live bacteria strains. In contrast, this one doesn’t exactly work that way.
The argument here is the 20 billion+ mixed cultured cells can create gastric distress by sudden overload. And sometimes, they even can’t reach the site of action.
How does it work?
Performance Lab prebiotic nourishes the existing colony of gut bacteria and improves their growth and overall health. Besides the microbiome support by enhancing probiotic growth, it further helps in digestion, immune function, and weight management as a fiber.
The benefits of taking performance lab prebiotic include:
- Regularity of indigestion, gut comfort, and effective absorption of nutrients
- Supports the growth and development of the existing microbiome instead of an overload of new stains
- Controls appetite and food calorie density aids in weight loss
- Enhance the immune function of the GI tract
- Helps in calcium absorption and is beneficial for bone health
- Regulate bad cholesterol absorption and improve heart health
The performance lab prebiotic is GMP certified and doesn’t contain caffeine, soy, gluten, synthetic additives, or allergens. It’s a non-GMO product that is vegan-friendly.
It is recommended to take three capsules with one glass of water before your first meal of the day and then again three capsules with your next meal. You can further mix them with your food by opening the capsules.
For more details, check the link below:
Click Here to Order Performance Lab Prebiotic from Official Website
5. Garden of Life Raw Probiotics Ultimate Care
Our final choice as the best probiotic for women is again from the Garden of Life. Similar to the above one, it also helps us fight climate problems and contributes to our sustainable development goals.
The benefits of taking Garden of Life Raw Probiotics Ultimate Care include;
- Promotes flora diversity in the gut as raw probiotic components
- Help replenish the good bacteria loss
- Improve digestion by supplying protein-digestive enzymes
It contains 30+ strains of probiotics and some other ingredients to provide complete support to the female body.
One jar contains 30 capsules. The raw probiotic is made mainly from the Bulgarian yogurt concentration, wild European kefir grains and scobies, and probiotic strains.
For the ingredient list and pricing, you can click on the link below:
Click Here to Order from Official Website
What are Probiotics?
If you are a healthy living freak like me, chances you stumbled upon this post accidentally. Or you are just curious to know about different options. Whatever the case, if you still aren’t aware of what probiotics are, here is your answer.
Probiotics are good gut bacteria that help you in different ways. The major types of probiotics include two strains such as Bifidobacteria and Lactobacilli.
The term probiotic is a Greek word that means “For life.”
And if we consider the most widely accepted definition of probiotics by FAO/WHO, it states,
“probiotics are live microbial feed supplements which beneficially affect the host animal by improving microbial balance.”
Some of the benefits of consuming probiotics include;
- improved intestinal health
- help to fight lactose intolerance
- reduction of the chances of various other diseases
- Enhanced immunity
- Reduction in serum cholesterol
- Cancer prevention
- Treatment of acute diarrhoeal diseases
There are more benefits we can add. But these are the most common ones.
Some dairy foods that contain probiotics are such as; old cheese, kefir, sour cream, ice cream, yogurt, buttermilk, and milk powder.
Non-dairy foods that include probiotics are pickles, Fermented rice, Kimchi, Fermented vegetables, Miso, Natto, Kombucha, etc.
Besides merging these foods to your diet, you can also consider the probiotics mentioned above.
How to Choose a Probiotic for Women?
Now you might have a question: how do you choose a probiotic? Or on which basis will you consider choosing a probiotic?
Here are a few points to keep in mind:
1. Must contain live and active cultures of bacteria
Choosing a probiotic with at least 1 billion CFU (Colony Forming Units) is recommended.
Further, check if the probiotics contain either the bacteria genus Bifidobacteria and Lactobacillus Species or the yeast that helps develop the probiotics Saccharomyces boulardii.
However, if you want a specific result with the intake of such nutrients, check which bacteria help serve the particular function.
2. Brand recognition
Before choosing a probiotic for women, the next thing you should do is check for a well-known brand.
Rather than going for cheap options where you don’t know if they could perform well for your gut, you should always go for a brand that’s well recognized.
This is the recommendation by all the probiotic users.
3. Clinically tested for your requirement
Let’s say; that currently you have gone through a dose of antibiotics and you are suffering from diarrhea; you might require different probiotics rather than a person who wants to take probiotics for immunity.
So, always check if the probiotic you choose is tested for a specific purpose.Did you like it ♥️ then why not share it with others?