High blood pressure, also known as hypertension is so harmful because it causes the heart to work harder in pumping blood out of the body. This can lead to hardening of arteries, heart failure, stroke, or kidney disease.
This article will explain straightforwardly remedies that you can use to overcome high blood pressure.
Table of Contents
- 1 Top 7 Home Remedies Tips for Managing High Blood Pressure
Top 7 Home Remedies Tips for Managing High Blood Pressure
1. Physical Exercise:
Make sure you do physical exercise 30 to 60 minutes a day. This is an important way of healthy living. You can consider running a few kilometers at your area, doing some sit-ups, press-ups, jumping, jogging, or you can buy some heavyweights and do a bit of gym in your house.
We recommend you that if physical exercise doesn’t work for you, the right alternative is to see a medical doctor. The United States of America Heart Association recommends everyone to strengthen the muscles at least 2 days per week.
Benefits of Physical Exercise
- Controls weight of your body: Doing regular exercises helps in overcoming obesity or lessening excessive weight in the body. When you do a lot of physical exercises, you burn calories.
- Physical activities reduce the following diseases: When you do physical exercises regularly you lessen the chances of; stroke, metabolic syndrome, high blood pressure, diabetes, depression, anxiety, arthritis, and different types of cancer.
- Improves mood: Physical activities stimulate some brain chemicals that boost your happiness, helps you become less anxious and you become more relaxed.
- Physical exercise boost energy: Exercise improves your muscle strength and perfects your endurance.
- It has been confirmed that exercise delivers nutrients and oxygen to the tissues: This assists the cardiovascular system to function more efficiently.
- Promotes better sleep: Exercise helps you fall asleep faster, deepen sleep, and get enough sleep.
- Physical exercise boosts your sex life: It has been affirmed that the more you do a lot of physical exercise the more your sexual performance becomes great.
2. Follow the DASH Diet:
DASH (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) can lower your blood pressure in a unique manner. DASH diet recommends the following:
- Eating vegetables, grains, and fruits.
- Eating nuts, low-fat dairy products, fish, and lean meat.
- Abstaining from foods that contain high cholesterol.
Benefits of the DASH Diet
- DASH diet helps you to eat nutritional meals
- Helps you to have healthier cholesterol status in your body
- DASH diet assist you in maintaining your weight by overcoming obesity
- DASH diet helps you to low the risk of getting Osteoporosis
- This excellent diet help you to have healthier kidneys
- DASH diet keep you protected from various types of cancer
- The diet helps in overcoming diabetes
- DASH food helps your brain to be sharper and strong
3. Reduce consuming large amounts of salt:
You must reduce taking large amount of sodium. This can be crucial in lowering blood pressure. When you take too much of salt, your body starts to retain fluid, which causes high blood pressure.
American Heart Association recommends limiting yourself from taking a high amount of sodium. You should take 1500 milligrams to 2300 milligrams of salt per day. To reduce the amount of salt in your food, don’t add sodium to your diet.
Scientifically it is recommended to add flavors and spices to your food. It has been noted that processed foods contain a high amount of salt.
Benefits of Eating Food with Low Amount of Sodium
- Reduces heart attack
- Lowers the amount of cholesterol
- Prevents congestive heart failure
- Decreases chances of kidney damage
- Prevents stroke
- Reduces brain diseases
- Improves memory
- Reduces the risk of dementia
4. Lose excess weight:
There is an interconnectedness between blood pressure and weight. Losing ten pounds a day helps you to lower your blood pressure. The additional weight around your waist known as visceral fat is so dangerous.
This fat surrounds vital organs around the abdomen. This eventually causes health problems like high blood pressure.
Generally men should keep their measurement of their waists less than forty inches, and women should always aim to have a waist that measures thirty five inches.
5. Reduce the rate of your smoking:
Every cigarette that you smoke raises your blood pressure temporarily for a couple of minutes after you finish. If you are a regular smoker, your blood pressure can be high for a long time.
Heavy smokers are always at high risk of getting stroke, high blood pressure, and heart attack.
Amazing Benefits of Quitting Smoking
- After you quit to smoke your blood pressure and heart rate drop closer to the average level. Nicotine harms the interior of blood vessels and lessens the amount of oxygen required in the heart. This makes the heart beat faster, and the damaged blood vessels start to work harder.
- The rate of carbon dioxide drops.
- The risk of heart attack drops.
- Blood circulation and lung function improves greatly.
- Quitting to smoke help you to overcome various types of cancers that may attack you shortly.
6. Reduce taking excessive alcohol:
Taking a lot of alcohol can result in high blood pressure. The America Heart Association recommend that men should take two alcohol drinks per day, while women should take one alcoholic drink.
7. Reduce stress:
Sometimes, stress can elevate your blood pressure. Stress can mess your finances, your job, and your relationship. You can watch movies at home, practice yoga, play football, basketball, or volleyball.
This article has enumerated and explained different home remedies for high blood pressure. This disease is so dangerous because it has caused a lot of deaths.
The great copy has unfolded various ways to overcome this dangerous disease when you are at home. Most of the times, high blood pressure can be controlled at home before going to see a professional doctor.
When left unattended, high blood pressure can result in kidney damage, health complications, heart attack, and stroke. We recommend that if home remedies for high blood pressure don’t work for you, it is good to see a medical doctor at a nearby hospital.